Have U Seen?
Look for God’s Fingerprints at
Vacation Bible School!
August 8-11, 2016
The registration page will say that you need an invitation until then. Registration will automatically open at 10 a.m. on the 2nd.
What Is It?
Have U Seen? is a Scripture-driven and interactive approach to Vacation Bible School that introduces children to the many ways God speaks to all of us. Instead of being driven by a loose theme, Have U Seen? helps children engage Scripture in a way that is holistic and life-changing. Each activity and experience can be used to help children grow in a loving relationship with God as they learn about experiences in Jesus’ life.
The purpose of Have U Seen? is to introduce children to the idea of discovering where God is at work around them so they are able to join in that important work. We believe that children are capable of hearing God speak and responding in obedience and faithfulness (1 Samuel 3). We are grateful that God’s Spirit is not confined to any particular method for speaking to us today.
Have U Seen? is designed to:
- Introduce children to a deeper relationship with God and one another
- Provide opportunities to worship God (Music)
- Teach about Jesus’ ministry through interaction with God’s Word (Bible)
- Emphasize God’s love for every tribe, tongue, and nation (Missions)
- Draw upon the creativity that God has given each child (Crafts)
- Create opportunities for children to interact positively and lovingly with one another (Snacks and Recreation)
- Help children learn to pay attention to the voice of God in Bible study, prayer, time with other people, and in all of creation.
For more information, please contact Ginny Richardson, Pastor for Youth and Children.